The big day has come and gone, and now Jacob has his ear tubes in. It all went very well. Jacob was scheduled at 8:30am, but the doctor took him in by 8am.
The pre-procedure area was full of children all getting the same thing done. The nurses were so friendly to Jacob and he was such a good boy. Never complained about wanting food or water, just sat there waiting patiently.
I wasn't too nervous actually. But my mood completely changed once they gave Jacob a sedative to prepare him. Lets just say I haven't laughed this hard in years...and that my two-year old had his first official "high".
(Noted in the following photos)
"Mama, this stuff is totally awesome."
"Hehehehehe...ya man."
"Dude, I'm so totally stoned! I'm about to totally let go of this bar dude...dude....."
"Hehehe...Dad, you totally rock man!"
After this, they took him into the room to start the procedure at 8am on the dot. Anthony and I sat down to wait in recovery. At 8:06am, his doctor came in saying he was done.
The anesthesiologist told us about 70% of kids wake up screaming and crying, flailing their arms when coming out of anesthesia. However, Jacob was so incredibly mellow, just laughing as he was waking up. In fact, we never saw him fully asleep. He was already waking up when we got to him.
He did really well afterwards too. I'm just so glad we did this.
"Hey mama, just chillin' with my new hearing, sitting in my car and wearing your shades."
1 comment:
What Did He Have Done
Post a Comment