Thursday, February 25, 2010

Who's Been Sick???

<---- This blogger right here.

Today is actually the first day I feel "good" and I use that term loosely. Here's how it all started:

Saturday, Feb. 13th - We head to Ruidoso, NM. I begin feeling a scratchy throat. That is it.
Sunday, Feb. 14th - We return home, scratchy throat in tow. (Jacob gets sick that night with the croup and we head to the hospital all night, overnight.)
Monday, Feb. 15th - Jacob sick, Mommy taking care of him at home, scratchy throat is now turning into sneezes. I am now popping tons of Zicam.
Tuesday, Feb. 16th - Jacob still sick, Mommy takes a day off work. I start sneezing more and coughing. Uh oh. I continue taking Zicam.
Wednesday, Feb. 17th - The coughing continues and now a runny/stuffy nose has appeared. Cough is loose. Dammit, I'm getting sick. Darn you Zicam! So I try the Nettie Pot, but it burns my sinuses. Ouch. The Vicks Severe Cough and Congestion is my only relief.
Thursday, Feb. 18th - Ugh, I go into work, but I'm only here physically. Mentally, I want to be asleep in bed and passed out. My nose is so stuffed, I can't hear anything, the Nettie Pot isn't working, OTC medicines are not doing anything and this cough hurts so bad. I leave work early and head to the doctor who tells me I have a sinus infection and ear infection in my right ear. She pats me on the back, gives me Promethezine w/codeine and Azithromycin antibiotic.
Friday, Feb. 19th - Oh oh. Its Jacob's 26th monthday and I forgot. I get out of bed at 2pm. I have a fever, barely make it into the shower to rinse off my body. I lay on the couch asleep until 9pm for bed. Where did the day go?
Saturday, Feb. 20th - My cough is gone finally, but this horrible sinus infection is taking over my life and my body. I have no energy, I have another fever. I barely make it to the couch and stay there all day. The Nettie Pot is laughing at me for trying it over and over again, but nothing. My only relief is the Zicam nasal spray which lets me breathe again. I think I'm dying.
Sunday, Feb. 21st - Fever, again. I don't think this is normal. The antibiotics I'm taking feel like water, doing nothing. I also threw up a little. Ugh. There's a doctor's clinic open until 8pm tonight, so I head there...again. Thank the Lord it is completely empty and I'm the only patient. The doctor orders an antibiotic shot for me and it hurt! He tells me my antibiotics weren't strong enough so he orders me stronger ones and gives me tips on getting better. He says I will be better by Wednesday. Boy do I want to believe him.
Monday, Feb. 22nd - I've missed work again. I really want to just go to the hospital now. I haven't eaten in days nor drank anything. I have the worst headache in the world. I think I have a tumor. I'm so nauseous, I've thrown up three times already. Ughhh....and now, another fever.
Tuesday, Feb. 23rd - I make an attempt to go back to work, the place I haven't seen in a week. I make it only an hour and go back home. My head hurts sooo bad. My hearing is so bad, my nose is the worst, but I'm actually starting to feel the relief from the Mucinex D. I think I've tried every medicine out there.
Wednesday, Feb. 24th - I slept in. The Nyquil did it. My boss gave me the okay to stay home today, but I'm getting sick and tired of this house and that couch! I still feel horrible, but I think I can actually somewhat function at work today. I'll try to go in at 11am. I think I might actually be getting better, until I get home from work and feel worse. Dammit!
Thursday, Feb. 25th - I feel 80% better today! I can breathe, my hearing comes and goes, (I like it when it comes) and I really believe my antibiotics are working. No earache, just some sinus pressure. I think God finally answered my prayers. Lets see if I last all day this "good".

No comments: